Over worked and under papers
That’s what it should say. Not over worked and under paid. Over worked and under papers. This is just one tiny spot on my desk.
And it keeps on growing. Is like weed or something. Then I have this heap of files and papers
and maybe even a cat with her babies on the floor behind me. This is not because I can’t keep my office neat (that would just not be proper) but I don’t have place to put all the heaps of stuff that keeps on coming in to my office. By ‘stuff’ I don’t mean the clients.
I think I may be drowning in paper. Is that even possible? Then we don’t have a maid at work/my folks house. Which means that my most amazing mother (who has the most patience I have ever seen with little
monsters kids) is all alone in the house with my many children. Extra stress for me there. I work and feel guilty cause I’m not helping out. I help out and feel guilty and stressed because my work is just piling up.
Tonight with me having PMS and my husband having a bit of PMS (Pissy man syndrome) himself, I just realized that having a penis comes with privileges.
- You go to work.
- The kids are not your problem and will most probably not be when you get home. You don’t care if the nanny isn’t there. You don’t care if they need to go to extra classes. You don’t care if they need to be fetched even if you have a client in front of you who won’t leave. You don’t care if they need to go to the doctor and you don’t really have the time.
- You get home and your knee is sore. Okay. So a bit of a couch for you.
- Your wife makes you coffees.
- Your wife sits and does homework with YOUR son and that is only finished at 7 pm.
- Your knee is still sore so more of the couch for you.
- Your wife makes food since she can’t send the kids to bed without.
- While making food she baths and dresses the littlest baby.
- She goes back and works while you do more couch lying.
No offer of coffees. No offers for help. No. Couch.
I tell you. Having a penis comes with privileges. You only do things when you feel like it and then you expect to be thanked for it.
This is not directed at all men, since according to Wenchy not all men are dogs. Some are pigs. Don’t take this personally. I’m tired. My back is sore. Everything IS my job and I don’t get thanked for it. I have PMS and a sick baby – again. So. Relax. I’m not directing this at you. Just getting it off my chest. Tomorrow I may love all men in general again…who knows.