Super Mom

Fire!

Ahh…rain…thunder and lighting. I absolutely love that. My favourite favourite weather.

Not so much when it leaves us in the dark though. We just got home when all power went out. The boys however thought it was lots of fun when we had to light candles and I off coursed loved the photo opportunity lol

We took our maid to town, so that she wouldn’t have to walk in the rain and realized that the rain was far worse than we expected. Clearly it was going to be a while before we would have power again.

So we forced ourselves to go to the Wimpy and have dinner. We got home and I immediately smelled the smoke. I ran into the house, thinking we had somehow left one candles burning but no…it wasn’t that.

Our maid had put food on the stove for our dog and obviously with the power going off, she forgot to switch off the plate. Well, I tell you..had we been 5 more minutes we would have come home to a kitchen on fire. It was minutes away. There was SO much smoke in the kitchen that we could hardly see.

Thankfully though it wasn’t serious and all is just fine…except for the smell URGH

Thing is … my thoughts after I realized all was okay? That IF the kitchen was on fire and we did lose some stuffs, it would be okay. I had my kids and dog and camera with me.  All would be fine!

Advertisements

13 responses

  1. my3boysandi

    thank goodness you got home when u did
    and as you said people are more important than almost all material possessions

    November 28, 2007 at 9:15 pm

  2. OMW!! Glad you got home when you did! That smell must be horrific.

    November 28, 2007 at 9:24 pm

  3. mybloggylife

    frightening how sometimes it takes those “almos” moments to make us realize what’sof real value. Though, I know that you already know!!

    November 29, 2007 at 1:10 am

  4. FV

    I am the only one that finds it hilarious that you said, “I have my kids, my dog, my housekeeper, and my CAMERA!” LOL I am so the same way. That is one material possession I would cry if I lost it.

    November 29, 2007 at 4:22 am

  5. wow, that was too close, scary close. Did you take the candle photo? It’s really good.

    November 29, 2007 at 5:44 am

  6. Yes I took that photo. I always use my own photos on my blog. That was one good thing about the power being out…being able to play with the camera 🙂

    November 29, 2007 at 6:28 am

  7. that happened to me once! the smell is awful…
    beautiful pics, really impressive!

    November 29, 2007 at 10:02 am

  8. Wenchy

    Funny how you didn’t mention Tommie amongst the kids and camera?

    November 29, 2007 at 11:37 am

  9. LOL – and camera.

    I also noticed the Tommie thing – like Stel.

    November 29, 2007 at 1:47 pm

  10. Marié

    LOL I would think Tommie is part and parcel of the kids and dog 🙂 Great photo Mel !! you should sell your photo’s really or get someone to do a calendar of the best of the lot

    November 29, 2007 at 2:43 pm

  11. After thanking God for my children and dog and camera, I would be thinking YAY!! KITCHEN RENOVATION!

    November 29, 2007 at 2:48 pm

  12. Wow! I am so glad everyone is OK and that you didn’t lose anything!

    November 29, 2007 at 5:21 pm

  13. ooer, very scary mel!!!
    i’m so glad it was just smoke and nothing more serious!

    December 3, 2007 at 8:23 pm

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s