1.What did you do in 2009 that you’d never done before?
Coloured my hair RED
Took in a ‘foster’ child
2. Did you keep your new year’s resolutions, and will you make more for next year?
I didn’t make any in 2009. I don’t often do. I mean it’s just another day. The day after today. Why is it that special?
This year though I have plans … not resolutions.
- I want to sell our house (or get rid of the pool)
- I want to find the patience I once had. I lost it some time / some where this year
3. Did anyone close to you give birth?
My sister-in-law gave birth to
now-not-so little Nicolas
Jax gave birth to Sarah-Kate
My hairdresser / friend gave birth to Reece
My very very close friend adopted a girl. Not a baby but just as special
4. Did anyone close to you die?
My maid who had worked for me for 8 years
My new maid’s son
who drowned in my pool
5. What countries did you visit?
6. What would you like to have in 2010 that you lacked in 2009?
To be more organized especially with regards to the boys school letters and papers
7. What date(s) from 2009 will remain etched upon your memory, and why?
8. What was your biggest achievement of the year
Potty –training Zander lol! Thought that would never happen
9. What was your biggest failure?
Picking up weight
10. Did you suffer illness or injury?
I had the operation to release a nerve that was pinched in my elbow, only to later find out the nerve is pinched in my neck and the operation unnecessary.
11. What was the best thing you bought?
My Nokia N97. Okay I didn’t buy it, since it came with my contract but I love it!
Also love that I finally had my ring made (with diamonds I’ve had for years)
12. Whose behaviour merited celebration?
My kids. My family. Tommie wasn’t too bad either. My dog was cute!
13. Whose behaviour made you appalled and depressed?
My father-in-law. No-one deserves to be spoken to, the way he speaks to Tommie.
14. Where did most of your money go?
Daily living expenses. Some on vacations / weekends away
15. What did you get really, really, really excited about?
Nothing that I can think about
16. What song will always remind you of 2009?
Baby tjoklits. Zander absolutely loves this song and it was on repeat in my car for a long time.
17. Compared to this time last year, are you:
Happier or sadder? Sadder
Thinner or fatter? Fatter
Richer or poorer? The same?
18. What do you wish you’d done more of?
Played with my kids more.
Took more time to spend with Tommie (even if it meant watching endless Discovery channel programs)
Read more. To the kids as well
19. What do you wish you’d done less of?
I wish I had spent less time on the computer
20. How will you be spending Christmas?
I spent it with all my family. Was really nice and relaxing
21. How will you be spending New Year?
Apparently alone. It’s 6 pm and Tommie’s not home.
22. Did you fall in love in 2009?
Mmmm No. I wouldn’t say so
23. How many one-night stands?
None. Really sad if you can’t have a proper relationship and need to have one-night stands
24. What was your favourite TV programme?
Super Nanny (makes my kids look so well behaved)
25. Do you hate anyone now that you didn’t hate this time last year?
Hate is a strong word, I always say
26. What was the best book you read?
27. What was your greatest musical discovery?
Can’t think of someone particular.
28. What did you want and get?
My Nokia N97. My ring.
29. What did you want and not get?
A new laptop? Although I never did ask for one or plan to buy it. Did have it in the back of my mind though.
30. What was your favorite film of this year?
Invictus and Avatar
31. What did you do on your birthday, and how old were you?
We were camping at Buffelspoort. The boys had a rugby weekend. The night of my birthday was supposed to be my ‘party’ but
Tommie everyone partied so much the night before, that we were all asleep by 9 pm.
32.What one thing would have made your year immeasurably more satisfying?
I don’t know. If I just felt less emotional and more in charge of my own feelings.
33. How would you describe your personal fashion concept in 2009?
Same as the past couple of years. Jeans and probably some neater tops when at work.
34. What kept you sane?
35. Which celebrity/public figure did you fancy the most?
Ag nee heng. No-one. They are all just human like me
36. What political issue stirred you the most?
All the corrupt politicians
37. Who did you miss?
The old me.
38. Who was the best new person you met?
We’ve actually known him for a long time but Kolie is now almost like family. I am so glad he is in our lives. He can make a kick-ass braai as well.
39. Tell us a valuable life lesson you learned in 2009.
Life is very very short. Seconds and everything changes
40. Quote that sums up your year.
"In three words I can sum up everything I’ve learned about life:
it goes on."
That is even when you think life should stand still with you.