A journey through time
I did this 6 years ago and today, as I was going through my ‘’old’’ blog, I found it again
15 years ago today, I would have been…
- busy studying for my degree. I studied every day from 5 am – 6:30 and every evening from 7 pm to 10 pm. I was extremely committed to get that degree and do well.
- I work at the best place possible….or rather I worked with the best
colleaguesfriends ever. We were such a close group of friends. Some of us still are.
- I have met Tommie at that stage but we weren’t really friends (even though we worked together!)
- In fact I was still going out with another guy and we were still very happy together.
10 Years ago today, I would have been …
- 26 and a young happy mom to my first born son.
- working as a receptionist in my dad’s business (yeah … who knew I’d go from a high-flying big pay job to that!) I was more than happy with it though, since I could be with Quintus.
- happy, mostly without stress and content with not having a lot of money.
- Within my marriage though, I was completely unhappy. How things change.
5 years ago today, I would have been…
- just had little Zander. My surprise baby.
- He would have been 2 weeks old and we would have been back at work already. No maternity leave for
- Quintus would have started Grade R and getting all three ready in time for school was challenge. Jason was in pre-school in a complete different part of town.
3 years ago today, I would have been…
- Way thinner lol
- I was then happier within myself
- We had just worked hard at saving our marriage. It was completely not working but in the end we somehow made it work.
- Tommie worked hard a being a good dad.
1 year ago today, I…
- had made some good friends. Obviously we’ve had many friends but they weren’t really close friends. I think last year I realized that the friends we have are more like family. *This of course does not include my soulmate, who I’ve been friends with since forever*
- I would have been unsure of life as a mom of a 4th Grader. Starting with exams and more subjects. Turned out to be fine in the end.
- I started working till 3 pm. No wait, I planned on working until 3 pm. Normally I got out of the office later.
- I had a little girl in my life that I care for hugely. I hope she’s okay ….
So far this year, I have…
- Been house-hunting. We’ve been house-hunting forever but now we are doing it a little bit more seriously. Here’s to hoping we will actually get another home this year.
- I have enrolled Quintus into an aftercare study centre. It’s his best friends’ mom who does their homework and studies with him. It has taken a HUGE load off my back.
- I’ve fired my housekeeper and employed a really sweet girl. She doesn’t always understand me but she is ssooo good with the kids and our dogs. She’s really sweet.
- Didn’t sleep enough. I need a lot of sleep
- Caught up on some programs I have taped.
- Looked at cars. I think I might have to replace
- got extremely frustrated with my computer that wouldn’t work. I total waste of a work day
- got extremely frustrated with my husband. Makes me want to scream.
- hope my computer will work. Really need it to work.