End of the first term
So ends the first school term. Another extremely short holiday (all holidays are too short!)
Things that stood out this term:
- Zander has a great rugby coach. I’m so happy for my little boy that he is in the A team. That is is playing full back like he wanted to. Rugby is his air. I’m glad he gets to breath it.
- Zander is in the school choir. Zander = choir. Never thought I would say those words in one sentence.
- Zander has an awesome teacher. She is amazing. Patient. Caring. She takes the time to understand him. I’m so thankful that he is in the same class that his brothers were in Grade 3 as well.
- Jason did extremely well academically. He is a very clever guy but probably did the best ever this term. Will have to wait for the report to see but his test results were great. I’m very proud of how motivated he is.
- Jason loves his tennis. I am sure he can’t wait for the next term so that school tennis matches can begin. They are playing league games and hopefully they will do well.
- I’m thankful that being a school prefect never went to his head. He is just another guy at school wearing a white shirt. However, I must say that he has taken his duties seriously. Every prefect has a specific class where they help out until the teacher comes. He is at that class even if we are
almostlate and it is only for a couple of minutes. The sweet thing is that he is Zander’s class prefect.
- Quintus made the junior A team in hockey. He is doing SO well. After watching him play rugby for all those years, I thought it would feel almost wrong to watch the hockey but wow. He has the same passion when he plays hockey. Also no fear. A good thing when you are playing back, but still. Scary to watch him defend like that.
- He is loving the NW youth choir. The friendships are for life. There is that “inner circle” feeling that you only ever get from choirs. He is also pretty good at that, since he was asked to sing a solo part in a song. He declined though. I think being one of the young guys in the choir had a influence on his decision.
We will be enjoying this short holiday, since the second term is always hectic with sport and exams.