I’m not one to normally do meme’s or things like that and I’m going to cheat somewhat on this one, since I won’t be asking other bloggers to answer the questions. If however you feel you want to answer them, please go ahead!
I like the questions though, so here goes.
I was awarded the Liebster award. Thanks to https://nanuschka.wordpress.com for the nomination!! I never knew that she was following my blog, so I have unfortunately not been following hers. Will from now on though!
So here’s my answers to the questions she asked:
1. If things had gone differently, where would you be?
I suppose this kind of depends on what things could have gone differently. If I had biology in high school, I would have become an occupational therapist.
Had I gone to varsity (and not study through Unisa to get my accounting degree), I would probably have married someone else.
Had I not resigned pretty much the day Quintus was born, I would still be working in a corporate job, earning loads of money but not be there for my kids.
I prefer where I am now.
2. Do you recall one defining moment in your childhood and what was it?
Unfortunately yes. I would prefer not to talk about it though. Clearly not good.
This does not mean that I didn’t have a good childhood, since I did. I have the perfect parents. The defining moment however sucked and has influenced my life negatively.
3. What did you want to be when you grew up and what are you now?
I wanted to be a psychologist. I wanted to be able to help people overcome life’s obstacles. However, I turned out to be good in Accounting and Maths. Here I am an Accountant.
4. What was that one promise you made to yourself that you still strive to achieve?
Never really made promises to myself. Not as a child any way. I just wanted to survive. I have however made promises regarding my kids. I promised myself that I would do all I can to make sure they are happy. That’s my goal for them.
5. Are you happy?
Mostly yes. Especially when I’m with my children.
6. What’s on top of your bucket list this year?
Funny thing this bucket list. I have no short term bucket list item….maybe I should think about that.
7. Who is your bestest family member?
This could be scary to answer lol My entire family reads my blog. I’m lucky to have a mother that is more a friend that a Mom (especially now that I’m older) I adore my Dad. He’s my hero. If I had to say though, my kids win hands down.
8. What sport are you into?
Before I hurt my back, I used to love running. It was my ME time. Where I thought, relaxed and breathed. Loved it.
9. What time do you go to bed?
I love sleep. I need sleep. I don’t function on anything less than 8 hours. How I survived Jason’s first 2 years of his life is a mystery. I go to bed at 10 pm unless I’m busy with a good book….can’t put a book down.
10. What is the last thing you do before going to bed?
I look for a spot on the bed that is not occupied by dogs or children.
11. When last did you take a leap of faith in something or someone?
I trust too easily. Believe in the good of people. That’s not always a good thing. There’s nothing specific that I can think of right now though.
I did this 6 years ago and today, as I was going through my ‘’old’’ blog, I found it again
15 years ago today, I would have been…
- busy studying for my degree. I studied every day from 5 am – 6:30 and every evening from 7 pm to 10 pm. I was extremely committed to get that degree and do well.
- I work at the best place possible….or rather I worked with the best
colleaguesfriends ever. We were such a close group of friends. Some of us still are.
- I have met Tommie at that stage but we weren’t really friends (even though we worked together!)
- In fact I was still going out with another guy and we were still very happy together.
10 Years ago today, I would have been …
- 26 and a young happy mom to my first born son.
- working as a receptionist in my dad’s business (yeah … who knew I’d go from a high-flying big pay job to that!) I was more than happy with it though, since I could be with Quintus.
- happy, mostly without stress and content with not having a lot of money.
- Within my marriage though, I was completely unhappy. How things change.
5 years ago today, I would have been…
- just had little Zander. My surprise baby.
- He would have been 2 weeks old and we would have been back at work already. No maternity leave for
- Quintus would have started Grade R and getting all three ready in time for school was challenge. Jason was in pre-school in a complete different part of town.
3 years ago today, I would have been…
- Way thinner lol
- I was then happier within myself
- We had just worked hard at saving our marriage. It was completely not working but in the end we somehow made it work.
- Tommie worked hard a being a good dad.
1 year ago today, I…
- had made some good friends. Obviously we’ve had many friends but they weren’t really close friends. I think last year I realized that the friends we have are more like family. *This of course does not include my soulmate, who I’ve been friends with since forever*
- I would have been unsure of life as a mom of a 4th Grader. Starting with exams and more subjects. Turned out to be fine in the end.
- I started working till 3 pm. No wait, I planned on working until 3 pm. Normally I got out of the office later.
- I had a little girl in my life that I care for hugely. I hope she’s okay ….
So far this year, I have…
- Been house-hunting. We’ve been house-hunting forever but now we are doing it a little bit more seriously. Here’s to hoping we will actually get another home this year.
- I have enrolled Quintus into an aftercare study centre. It’s his best friends’ mom who does their homework and studies with him. It has taken a HUGE load off my back.
- I’ve fired my housekeeper and employed a really sweet girl. She doesn’t always understand me but she is ssooo good with the kids and our dogs. She’s really sweet.
- Didn’t sleep enough. I need a lot of sleep
- Caught up on some programs I have taped.
- Looked at cars. I think I might have to replace
- got extremely frustrated with my computer that wouldn’t work. I total waste of a work day
- got extremely frustrated with my husband. Makes me want to scream.
- hope my computer will work. Really need it to work.
Since I was feeling very down and tearful, I wanted to write a deep and painful post. Decided against it and instead answered some questions.
In a zombie attack, will you hide, fight back, or just blend in?
Hide. That would scare the crap out of me.
No matter how badly I needed the money, I’d never…
sell my body, soul, laptop or cellphone (okay…just joking on last two)
What question should they ask Miss America or Miss Universe contestants?
Why do you think walking up and down in a costume, with no pool in sight, is necessary?
Who do you take after? Mom or Dad?
Probably a bit of both
You can see my place, but don’t look in my…
urgh…I have a big home that was built be a seriously insane builder. My kitchen is right opposite my bedroom….so when you walk into my kitchen, please don’t look into my bedroom.
My friends would shocked if they knew…
every single thing about me
I’d be the happiest person in the whole world if…
I could protect my children and keep them happy
What memory would you rather forget?
Somewhere from the age 9 to 12
What celebrity do people say you look like?
The sitcom about my life would be named…
“You can’t keep up with us” —- no Kardasian for us
We should criminalize…
Julius Malema….oh wait, he already is
What are three ways you’re making the world a better place?
Raising three amazing boys. Making sure my clients pay their taxes lol Creating memories for my kids
How many hours of sleep do you need?
Eight. I must sleep
I wish husband would…
I should not answer this question today.
What’s your favorite comfort when you’re ill?
I get to be ill too????
Quick! Name a book you’ve recently finished reading!
Some John Grisham book about uuhhhmmmmm oh yes, Meet Theodore Boone
My philosophy is…
Don’t try to convince someone of the truth. You both know what it is.
What music should they play at your funeral? (example: Get On Up)
I honestly don’t care. I’m dead.
What does the tooth fairy do with all those teeth?
She sure doesn’t bring money and also don’t take them with her!
What would be an appropriate name for your car?
We call the bakkie Hendrik, based on his number plate
a ridiculous game played by immature children, who never read the rules.
How many traffic tickets have you received?
Sjoe …. Probably around 5
made the best way, at the Waffle House in Margate
Why does paper beat rock?
Words hurt more …
If at first you don’t succeed…
read the manual.
What advice would you give your younger self?
Don’t do it.
How many times have you broken your cell phone?
Once the boys thought my phone needed juice. Then just last week, in a matter of 24 hours, my phone had juice, water and colddrink. It’s still working
When I was little, I used to believe that…
it was okay. Turned out it wasn’t
Are you a glass half full or glass half empty person?
Are you drinking it or pouring in?
Which sport is the best to watch?
I will never tell anyone…
if I’ve made promise not to.
What’s the best compliment you’ve ever received?
“You are the best mom. My friends aren’t as lucky as I am”
People think that I’m…
supermom but I’m not
In retrospect, do you wish you had studied harder or had more fun?
Had more fun
I’m afraid of…
seeing my kids get hurt and not being able to protect them
- I have a job. How many people aren’t struggling just to have a proper income to support their family.
- I have a good husband. He has his moments but overall he is a good man.
- I have three amazing children.
- My three children are friends. Truly friends who enjoy each others company (even though they have their moments of murderous thoughts I’m sure)
- I have a home. It might not have a front door (our garage is the most convenient way to get in and out) but I have a nice home, in a nice area.
- I get to work from my folk’s home.
- I have amazing parents. I mentioned that many many times on my blog. Nothing is ever too much trouble. I wouldn’t be half the mom I am, if it wasn’t for them.
- I get to stay at home without having to worry about asking a boss for a day off.
- I get to watch all my kid’s sport, not having to worry to ask for an afternoon off.
- I’m blessed with many friends.
- My kid’s have never had to go to bed hungry.
- My kids’ have never had to go to bed cold.
- My boys are in an awesome school.
- I’m lucky enough to be able to employ a housekeeper …. even a gardener who comes twice a week.
- We are all healthy. This to me is a huge blessing. I’m so thankful that my kids are healthy.
- My boys are happy. They are loved and cared for by so many people.
- I’m blessed to have my brother who is like a second dad to my kids. He totally rocks.
I have loads more. Loads more. I’m blessed in ways that I don’t always think of. It’s good to sit and think about them.
From Wenchy‘s blog
1. What was the last thing you put in your mouth?
A banana. My mom’s housekeeper makes sure I have two types of fruit every day
2. Where was your profile picture taken?
At home on my stoep, by Jason. Good little photographer that one.
3. Can you play Guitar Hero?
I can play a normal guitar. Does that count?
4. Name someone who made you laugh today?
Zander. Such a character.
5. How late did you stay up last night and why?
Only till 9:30 pm. Having bad back-ache doesn’t make for late nights.
6. If you could move somewhere else, where would you?
7. Ever been kissed under fireworks?
8. Which of your friends lives closest to you?
Tommie, in the same house
9. Do you believe exes can be friends?
Yes. I have many friends who are still friends with their exes.
10. How do you feel about Mountain Dew?
Uhm… no feeling whatsoever.
11. When was the last time you cried really hard?
Two weekends ago.
12. Who took your profile picture?
13. Who was the last person you took a picture of?
Zander this morning as he was lying in my folks’ bed, reading the newspaper. He has such a good life 🙂
14. Was yesterday better than today?
Today is so young, but except for the back, today is good.
15. Can you live a day without TV?
Easily. Just don’t ask the same question when it comes to my laptop and cell phone.
16. Are you upset about anything?
17. Do you think relationships are ever really worth it?
Most definitely. What else is there really in life?
18. Are you a bad influence?
I hope not!
19. Night out or night in?
Seems like our home is where others go to get out, so I suppose that makes it night in.
20. What items could you not go without during the day?
Cell phone, computer and car..or bakkie right now.
21. Who was the last person you visited in the hospital?
Sjoe….I think my brother?
22. What does the last text message in your Inbox say?
Thank you so much! (from a client)
23. How do you feel about your life right now?
24. Do you hate anyone?
Hate is a very strong word
25. If we were to look in your Facebook inbox, what would we find?
I really need to delete my Facebook inbox. I never keep mail on outlook, don’t know why I leave mail on FB
26. Say you were given a drug test right now, would you pass?
Yip…oh wait no. I’m taking steroids for my back…so I won’t be able to compete in the Olympics ….. :p
27. Has anyone ever called you perfect before?
Yip but I don’t think anyone is perfect.
28. What song is stuck in your head?
Nothing for a change!!! So I’m not going to try and think of one
29. Someone knocks on your window at 2:00 a.m., who do you want it to be?
NO-ONE!!!!!!! Please don’t.
30. Wanna have grandkids by the time you’re 50?
Well, Quintus will be 24 then. I think he’ll be too young to want kids but I wouldn’t mind.
31. What do you have to do tomorrow?
I have lots of work since I’m not in the office all the time. Also Quintus is playing a rugby game tomorrow afternoon.
32. Do you think too much or too little?
33. Do you smile a lot?
Yes. There is nothing like a smile. It can fix many things.
If I could buy patience, I would.
In my kitchen cupboard is very little.
On my desk is too much work.
Image in my head I see my life calmer than it is now.
In the middle of my to do list I have so much to do that I am hugely thankful for the task reminders on my phone.
I am dreading mornings at the moment. Getting Kyla up and ready for school is stressful and almost impossible.
Right now I want to have coffee.
I think bad parents should be shot forced to take parenting courses.
Going to Drakensville this month. I can’t wait.
I don’t stand back when I get challenged ☺
So when Laura set a blog challenge, I took it. I’m supposed to name 10 reason why I love …. something or someone. Being me, I will give 10 things I love about being a Mom.
- I love being the one who puts plasters where it hurts. Physically or emotionally.
- I love the hugs, the kisses.
- I love that they crawl into my bed.
- I love that they trust me enough to share those deep fears and ask me the questions.
- I love that they think they have the best and most beautiful Mom.
- I love seeing how they are growing into the men they will become.
- I love the pride I feel, when I look from a distance. When I see them interact with others and they do good.
- I love seeing their relationship with each other (even when it’s sometimes bad … it teaches them not to hit and kick to resolve social issues)
- I love how they fill my life. My every move, thought and decision.
- I love them. Every day. Every second.
1.What did you do in 2009 that you’d never done before?
Coloured my hair RED
Took in a ‘foster’ child
2. Did you keep your new year’s resolutions, and will you make more for next year?
I didn’t make any in 2009. I don’t often do. I mean it’s just another day. The day after today. Why is it that special?
This year though I have plans … not resolutions.
- I want to sell our house (or get rid of the pool)
- I want to find the patience I once had. I lost it some time / some where this year
3. Did anyone close to you give birth?
My sister-in-law gave birth to
now-not-so little Nicolas
Jax gave birth to Sarah-Kate
My hairdresser / friend gave birth to Reece
My very very close friend adopted a girl. Not a baby but just as special
4. Did anyone close to you die?
My maid who had worked for me for 8 years
My new maid’s son
who drowned in my pool
5. What countries did you visit?
6. What would you like to have in 2010 that you lacked in 2009?
To be more organized especially with regards to the boys school letters and papers
7. What date(s) from 2009 will remain etched upon your memory, and why?
8. What was your biggest achievement of the year
Potty –training Zander lol! Thought that would never happen
9. What was your biggest failure?
Picking up weight
10. Did you suffer illness or injury?
I had the operation to release a nerve that was pinched in my elbow, only to later find out the nerve is pinched in my neck and the operation unnecessary.
11. What was the best thing you bought?
My Nokia N97. Okay I didn’t buy it, since it came with my contract but I love it!
Also love that I finally had my ring made (with diamonds I’ve had for years)
12. Whose behaviour merited celebration?
My kids. My family. Tommie wasn’t too bad either. My dog was cute!
13. Whose behaviour made you appalled and depressed?
My father-in-law. No-one deserves to be spoken to, the way he speaks to Tommie.
14. Where did most of your money go?
Daily living expenses. Some on vacations / weekends away
15. What did you get really, really, really excited about?
Nothing that I can think about
16. What song will always remind you of 2009?
Baby tjoklits. Zander absolutely loves this song and it was on repeat in my car for a long time.
17. Compared to this time last year, are you:
Happier or sadder? Sadder
Thinner or fatter? Fatter
Richer or poorer? The same?
18. What do you wish you’d done more of?
Played with my kids more.
Took more time to spend with Tommie (even if it meant watching endless Discovery channel programs)
Read more. To the kids as well
19. What do you wish you’d done less of?
I wish I had spent less time on the computer
20. How will you be spending Christmas?
I spent it with all my family. Was really nice and relaxing
21. How will you be spending New Year?
Apparently alone. It’s 6 pm and Tommie’s not home.
22. Did you fall in love in 2009?
Mmmm No. I wouldn’t say so
23. How many one-night stands?
None. Really sad if you can’t have a proper relationship and need to have one-night stands
24. What was your favourite TV programme?
Super Nanny (makes my kids look so well behaved)
25. Do you hate anyone now that you didn’t hate this time last year?
Hate is a strong word, I always say
26. What was the best book you read?
27. What was your greatest musical discovery?
Can’t think of someone particular.
28. What did you want and get?
My Nokia N97. My ring.
29. What did you want and not get?
A new laptop? Although I never did ask for one or plan to buy it. Did have it in the back of my mind though.
30. What was your favorite film of this year?
Invictus and Avatar
31. What did you do on your birthday, and how old were you?
We were camping at Buffelspoort. The boys had a rugby weekend. The night of my birthday was supposed to be my ‘party’ but
Tommie everyone partied so much the night before, that we were all asleep by 9 pm.
32.What one thing would have made your year immeasurably more satisfying?
I don’t know. If I just felt less emotional and more in charge of my own feelings.
33. How would you describe your personal fashion concept in 2009?
Same as the past couple of years. Jeans and probably some neater tops when at work.
34. What kept you sane?
35. Which celebrity/public figure did you fancy the most?
Ag nee heng. No-one. They are all just human like me
36. What political issue stirred you the most?
All the corrupt politicians
37. Who did you miss?
The old me.
38. Who was the best new person you met?
We’ve actually known him for a long time but Kolie is now almost like family. I am so glad he is in our lives. He can make a kick-ass braai as well.
39. Tell us a valuable life lesson you learned in 2009.
Life is very very short. Seconds and everything changes
40. Quote that sums up your year.
"In three words I can sum up everything I’ve learned about life:
it goes on."
That is even when you think life should stand still with you.
Three names you go by:
Three screen names you’ve had:
Three physical things you like about yourself:
- The colour of my eyes
- My feet
- My smile
Three physical things I don’t like about myself:
- My weight. I have picked up so much weight, mainly
but not exclusivelythanks to medication I’m taking. Starvation for me I think.
- My ears
Three parts of your heritage:
- Rugby, biltong and Niknacs (together like that)
- Elvis & Neil Diamond
- Tok-Tokkie (knocking on doors and running away)
Three things you are wearing right now:
- Black sweater
Three favourite bands / musical artists:
- Juanita du Plessis
- Theuns Jordaan
- Steve Hofmyer (Ag hoe Afrikaans is ek nou!)
Three favourite songs:
- Jessie paints a picture
- You needed me
- Islands in the stream
Three things you want in a romantic relationship:
Money, no responsibility and lots of love.Emotional care
- Lots of hugs and cuddles
- Commitment and financial stability
Three physical things about the male sex that appeal to you:
- Strength (and not the body building type)
- Well-built legs
- A nice butt doesn’t hurt
Three of your favourite hobbies:
- Playing Farm Town on FB at the moment
Three things that scare you:
- Loosing my kids
- Jail (who knows why)
Three of your everyday essentials:
Three places you want to go on vacation:
- Cape Town
Three nicknames you like, you’ve heard others use:
Three careers you have considered:
- Occupational therapy
Three ways you are stereotypically a man:
- Accept for the fact that I love sport, I am not and don’t want to be like a man at all.
Three ways you are stereotypically a woman:
- I love having my hair done
- Can love a long bath but candles
- Must have pretty nails
Three things you want to do before you die:
- Climb Kilimanjaro
- Go parachute jumping
- See my grandchildren
Three things you want right now:
- Nokia N97
- A good book
- My new credit without having to go to the bank to collect it!
I’m not a fan of Meme’s but Grace asked me so nicely. 🙂
She tagged me with a new meme that’s been circulating around and will circulate until it reaches to every corner of the world. Presenting, Around the World in 80 clicks!
The idea is for moms around the world to share five things that they love about being a mom.
Books aren’t enough to share my love but here’s 5 things.
- Being a parent brought me closer to my parents. Not because finally I get what they meant when they said “Wait until you have kids and you will realize how your constant fighting frustrated us”…you know, the bad stuff we were doing as kids :) No, now I get just how much they did for us. How all the little things are helping me to be a better Mom.
- Being a mom is challenging and I love it. I love that I need to change my parenting style with each new stage. That I grow as a Mom as my children grow.
- I totally love that I get to raise sons. There is something special in knowing that it is possible for me to help raise an outstanding, caring, loving, strong man. A whole man.
- I love the feeling of us. We are a unity. A circle of trust if you must. We are unique. We speak our own language. Not in words but we get each other. We love without condition. We trust regardless. You will realize that I say ‘we’. It’s not a one way relationship, it’s between all of us.
- Then there’s the obvious. The “I love you”, hugs, kisses. Being able to be a kid again. It’s fun that I can jump on jumping castles and say it’s because the kids want me to 🙂
I just love being a Mom. That is what I was meant to be.
I got tagged by Jenty a few days ago. I am so glad she tagged me on this one! 🙂
Here are the rules…
1. Go to your pictures file.
2. Go to the 4th file.
3. Go to the 4th picture.
4. Post it and tell the story.
5. Tag 4 more people.
This was Quintus’s very first Easter. This was the first time that he had chocolate. Or at least the first time he had his own chocolate. He was not interested. He broke the chocolate into little pieces, tasted some that was melted on his hands but that was it. No interest in his very first Easter chocolate. This of course is no longer the case. Now he will ‘believe’ in the Easter bunny and run around looking for the hidden Easter eggs.
I tag, Wenchy. You know I would, right Babe?
Kelly because she is an amazing photographer…well obviously. She’s a professional photographer.
Ness who doesn’t share near enough photos.
Maggie, my sister-in-law. Let’s see if she can leave her baby puppy long enough to look for the photo 🙂
I was tagged by Wenchy but decided to get Tommie to answer instead 🙂
Who is your partner: Melany / the Mom / The owner of this blog
How long have you been together: 12 Years
How long did you date before you got married: Almost 2 years
How old is your wife: Spring chicken
Who eats more: The children
Who said I love you first: Me
Who is taller: Me
Who sings better: Me of course *laughs* (liar!)
Who is smarter: Melany
Who’s temper is worse: Tricky question. Mine
Who does the laundry: The maid
Who takes out the garbage: The maid
Who sleeps on the right side of the bed: Me
Who pays the bills: Melany
Who is better with the computer: Melany
Who mows the lawn: *laughs* I have once or twice
Who cooks dinner: Melany most of the time
Who drives when you are together: Me
Who pays when you go out: Me
Who is most stubborn: I don’t know….. *long pause* ….. Melany
Who is the first to admit when they are wrong: Me. I’m not often right.
Who’s parents do you see most: Melany’s
Who kissed who first: I don’t know. I couldn’t resist her. Probably Melany.
Who asked who out: I can’t remember. We just kinda started holding hands while on a show for work.
Who proposed: Me
Who is most sensitive: Melany
Who has the most friends: I don’t know. We probably have the same amount
Who has more siblings: Wat is dit? Suigeling? Melany. I have a sister without a car that was stolen last night.
Who wears the pants in the family: I don’t think I’m that overbearing.
How did you meet: At work
This amazing mom of 5 young kiddies (twin girls and triplet boys) tagged me and since I admire her I have to do this 😉
I am supposed to choose between the following:
- Share 5 random and/or weird facts about yourself on your blog. or
- Share the 5 top places on your “want to see or want to see again” list. or
- Share 5 things you never pictured being in your future when your were 25 years old.
Let’s see – 5 places I want to visit:
New York – why? It’s busy. It’s where Central Park is. I want to see why so many people wear “I heart NY” badges lol
The pyramids. I have always wanted to do that…ever since I was a tiny little girl.
Switzerland – where Heidi lived
Italy – but not Rome. I want to see the small villages. I want to drive on those roads that seems to be just wide enough to keep you from falling into the waves crashing below.
I love to travel. There’s so many places that I’d love to see. So many places that I would love to take my children to. I hope that one day we will be in the financial position to do so. I will always be hugely grateful to my folks for taking me to the USA and Poland.
I have been tagged by Joni to share 7 random facts about me. Since I’m always kinda upstream, I’ll make it 7 random facts about my family.
- We like to ride around. Especially if it rains. If we haven’t taken a road trip over a weekend, it just doesn’t feel right.
- We love breakfast at the Wimpy. Also dinner. Also in between. Just coffee. Any time.
- We co-sleep. We don’t mind having the kids in our bed or in our room. They actually have a ‘weekend bed’ in our room.
- The boys have an amazing relationship. They are like best friends. They just seem to ‘get’ each other and really care for each other. They obviously have their moments but mostly they are good friends.
- Sundays are lazy days. Tommie plays golf and the boys and I do nothing. We can easily still be in our pj’s at 11 am.
- We like shopping. All of us. Even if it’s just ‘window shopping’.
- We LOVE music. When we get into the car after a hectic morning before school, just 1 song can fix all up. Smiles all the way. Even Zander can bob to the music and ‘snap’ his little fingers in his own special way.
Just one last thought…. What is frustration? Having a husband with an extremely sore knee and me having a really sore back and totally being the mood.
Girls rock. Honestly. For the longest of time I used to detest being a girl. Really. I wasted many a year hating the fact that I’m a girl. (That is a total extra post though)
I now have the honour to pass this one to five other Rocking’ girl bloggers.
- Jill from 525,600 minutes for mom. We’ve ‘known’ each other for 7 odd years. This girl rocks. She totally adores her kids. With a passion. She loves life – Margarita and all. She is cool and you should do yourself a favour and read her blog. Very funny.
- Heather from Especially Heather. She found out that she has brain cancer in May. I admire her believe in God. Her faith humbles me. What is happening with her is scary and yet she handles it so well. Through all that she is coping with in her life right now, she inspires me. She doesn’t know me. She probably doesn’t even know I’m reading her blog but she is such an amazing woman. I can’t help myself but read her blog.
- Laurie from Pho for Four is so sweet. She has one adoptive son and is in the process of adopting another. She and her husband are both in medical school. I love their life! They travel, go on hiking trips, love the outdoors. Man that’s my type of life 😉
- My bestest friend Wenchy. Well, she’s my best friend so obviously she is a rockin’ girl. She also has a great way of writing and I just love her lank en baie.
- Then there is Kim with From the Runway to Diapers. She has two amazing daughters. We met on a parenting message board for our kids born in 2002. Her eldest daughter and Jason. She is an amazing mom who is doing such a great job raising her two daughters. Lily – born 2002 – has lots of special needs and Kim is the perfect mom for her. Not just for her but also for her very very uhm busy little sister.
I read many other rockin’ girl blogs – but this could take forever if I had to tell you about each one!
Angel tagged me to do a list of 10 random facts or habits about myself. I might have done something like this before but hey – I’m blond – let’s blame it on that.
- I take things personally too easily. Something I try to work on.
- I’m on my way to drinking too much coffee again.
- For some very vague reason I spin my fork before I use it. Every time.
- I trust too easily.
- I am a people pleaser. Really it’s not a good thing.
- I am terribly forgetful. I can’t believe that I forget things so easily.
- I wash my hair everyday. I can’t imagine not doing it. Just won’t be right.
- I never ever go to sleep with make-up on. I always wash my face before bed even if I didn’t wear make-up. I remember my grandmother telling me to always make sure I washed my face before going to bed. SO I do…always.
- I bath twice a day.
- I’ve got a bit of a computer / internet addiction going.
AND because I have been saying such bad things about Tommie recently, I’m going to give 10 things I like about him:
- He loves me. A lot.
(in his own way and he has a bad way of showing it but he loves me)
- He makes and packs the lunch boxes for the kids in the morning.
- He gives them breakfast in the morning.
- He wakes me up with coffee every single day.
- He runs my bath every single day.
- He is a good host and will do his best to keep everyone happy.
- He doesn’t mind driving 4oo km for us to see my friends.
- He will make something to eat
if he is hungry and see that there is no way I will do it.
- I have never met any other South African man that can braai the way he does. Lekker!
- He is genuinely a good guy.
Randi did it again. 7 things she wants, so 7 things I will give. It’s supposed to be 7 things that you don’t know about me but since I’m an open book, I’m pretty sure you guys already do.
- I’ve been to see three different psychologists in my life. I either have some serious messed up mind (which btw I do) or I secretly have a wish that I was a psychologist (which I do)
- I don’t think I will ever stop wanting a little girl. There is not a day that I don’t think about it. I
secretlyhold on to the hope that one day I will adopt one. Again I say that it has nothing to do with my boys who are totally the world to me.
- I don’t think I’ll have the courage to go jogging again. My back hurts when I do simple things and would hate to hurt my back like that again. It was most unpleasant.
- I can never have enough watches or pens
and my birthday is on the 31st if you feel the need to buy me either.
- I am extremely forgetful. Not just a bit so. Badly so. I don’t remember most things and if I don’t make notes of things there is no way I’ll remember.
- I don’t mind being woken by my kids at night. I don’t feel anxious when I’m up with them as babies. I do feel tired the next day obviously but it doesn’t upset me to be awake with them.
- I badly want a nice house but it seems to be out of my reach. I have no clue on interior design stuff but I would like to pretty up our home. Pity we have ugly face brick walls inside our house. Lovely.
I have been tagged by my dear blogging friend Randi. Since I like her so much will reply to her tag 😉
Three things that scare me:
Losing my sons or husband
Dying before my boys are old enough to be ok without me
Jail (don’t ask me why? Just the whole thought of ever having to spend time in jail scares me)
Three people who make me laugh
Three things (not people) I love
Three things I hate
My kids being woken up from a nap
Making mistakes (human I know but I still hate it)
Lying in this bed for the 5th day
Three things I don’t understand
Government not acknowledging our crime problem
Why I can’t find a nanny if there are so many unemployed people in our town
That some people do not know how to use a computer or have internet at home lol
Three things on my
Three things I’m doing right now
Watching a TV channel I’d rather not be but I can’t change it since Zander threw our remote in the bath
Waiting for my mom to bring me lunch!
Three things I want to do before I die
See my grandchildren
Travel to many countries
Climb Mt Kilimanjaro
Three things I can do
Kiss pain away
Heal a hurting heart with a hug
Drink lots of coffee lol
Three things I can’t do
Run (as I’m stuck in bed for now)
Do open-heart surgery
Three things I think you should listen to
A baby’s first cry
A child’s laugh
The cry of an African Eagle
Things you should never listen to
Talk that bad-mouths your husband / wife
“We thank you for your call. You are #2209 in the line. Your call is important to us. Please hold”
Three things I’d like to learn
Three favourite foods
Three shows I watched as a kid
Tom and Jerry
Three things I regret
Sharing something told to me in private with someone that I thought it would be okay to share it with.
Not having emigrated.